Saturday, April 28, 2012

DIY: Bunting Banner


Hello Lovelies... 
I'm going to be doing my first DIY project here on Sarandipity. It is actually a project I did for my birthday party last year and was featured in the famous "Evy's Tree" blog {click HERE}. I just loved the way it turned out. :) Something about bunting just makes every party a little more unique, especially when it is handmade... Don't you agree?
So here goes!
I promise you, even if you are NOT the do it yourself type person, you will be amazed at how simple this is and how great you can have it turn out in a short amount of time.

What you will need:
1. Fabric of choice
2. Scissors
3. Bunting Template
4. Sewing Machine or Fabric Glue
5. Ribbon of choice


STEP ONE: Go to google images and print out a “Bunting Template”
Find a size/shape you like. I printed a triangle as big as the page using the template {HERE}.


Get together your material, template and scissors.

STEP TWO: Cut out triangles

STEP THREE: Take your ribbon and pin the fabric triangles to it. You are now going to sew them together!
**If you do not have a sewing machine here is where the fabric glue comes in. You would glue the fabric triangles onto the ribbon instead of sewing**
When I got in between the triangles, I just kept the sewing in a straight line.
You should now have a line like this!

STEP FOUR: Fold your ribbon in half and pin… This will cover any frayed edges or ugly backing. (This step is not necessary, unless the back of your bunting will be showing in any way… OR if you are a tad bid O.C.D like me–ha) 
This is what my backing looked like, so I decided to fold over and sew. 
Folding…
Trying to get it straight…
Pinning down…

STEP FIVE: Now all you do is sew all the way from one end of your ribbon to the other!
Hooray! Now you are finished!

Finished product…
Just one more… Hehe

There you have it folks, your very own handmade simple, yet darling bunting! Hope you enjoyed it and even try it yourself one of these days. It would be perfect for a backyard BBQ or a birthday bash! Have a glorious day!

Much Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment