Friday, April 27, 2012

Food Friday: Taco Cups

Helloo there...

Today I am trying something new and linking up with my friend Amy of Evy's Tree for "Food Friday" 
We had a Bible study with friends the other night at our place and I made Taco Cups. They were very much enjoyed and needless to say we had no leftovers!! I paired the taco cups with Spanish rice and chips and salsa {Hubby is a HUGE fan}.
 This recipe is both speedy and delicious!! You will be amazed!! Although I would have loved to have come up with this fabulous recipe, I found this recipe originally on another blog and modified it to fit our families needs, example: ground turkey instead of ground beef. {http://bricelife-gabrielle.blogspot.com/2012/01/taco-cupcakes.htmlhttp://bricelife-gabrielle.blogspot.com/2012/01/taco-cupcakes.html
So... Without further ado...

What you will need: 
Muffin tin {12 cupper}
Cooking spray
1/2 lb ground turkey
1/2 packet taco seasoning
3/4 can black beans {I use reduced sodium}
18 wonton wrappers {I found mine near the frozen tofu, ask associate if you can't find them-hehe)
Queso dip to taste, around 6 T {I used more for hubby and less for mine}
1 cup chunky salsa
1 cup Mexican cheese {we LOVE this in our home!}
Sour cream/guacamole/olives for topping taco cup off

{I accidentally had thrown away the wonton wrapper package so it is not pictured!}

Before I begin, I want to tell you that I didn't stick too strictly to the recipe. I used a whole lb of turkey and a whole packet of taco seasoning. Feel free to use this recipe as a general guideline and experiment to your taste buds desire! :) Any leftovers can be used in a quesadilla or tacos for lunch the next day!
STEP 1: Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Lightly mist your muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
STEP 2: Brown your ground turkey over med-high heat. Add your taco seasoning {mine I put in after meat was browned and had to add water, yours may be different} Add black beans and continue to cook, stirring occasionally. Cook a few minutes until warm.


{I had leftover ground turkey I had browned for lunch, so I used that and spooned in black beans}

STEP 3: Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each greased muffin cup {Not as hard as it may seem, I promise}. Spoon about half teaspoon of the queso dip into bottom of each cup and spread around.


STEP 4: Spoon meat/bean mixture into bottom of cups. Around 2 teaspoons. Do NOT overfill at this point! Next spoon a teaspoon or so of salsa into each cup. Sprinkle with a pinch of cheese. 



**add salsa here**



You are doing FABULOUS!! Keep it up!!

STEP 5: Press another wonton wrapper on top of your already layered cups {I slightly pressed wonton wrappers together to form a "seal" of sorts} and repeat steps 3 & 4. Making sure you do not overfill your cups.

STEP 6: Bake for 16-18 minutes or until slightly brown. Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving. This helps with the cups keeping their form. ENJOY! :)



**Feel free to top with sour cream/guacamole/olives or whatever else you like on your Taco Cups!!**

For dessert I made brownies topped with fresh cut strawberries. I would love to brag about how they were from scratch and how fluffy and great they turned out... But for now, I'll settle with boxed brownies. No shame in that right? For the record: they turned out fabulous and fluffy!! Ha!! :) 


While we ate dessert, we had our Bible study. We had a great time with our friends Gabriel and Mayra {and their darling little girl, Giselle} We didn't get a photo of all of us together, it just slipped my mind, but I did manage to snap this cute photo of Giselle. When she got bored with the cartoons, she insisted to be a part of our Bible Study and sit with the grown-ups! Ha!


What are some of your favorite recipes? I'd love to know! Comment below and share if you dare! Haha! 

Much Love,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment